Sales Director Europe
AFB International / CeresRecruitment bv | hbo wo | The Netherlands
Are you able to provide leadership to achieve and drive the European strategy, growth, and profit objectives? Working closely with regional and global functional organizations you successfully implement strategic initiatives, participate in global account teams (GAT), and lead and/or participate in strategy deployment teams (SDP).
AFB International is the global science and technology leader in pet food palatability. They develop and produce a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers using high-quality ingredients proven to optimize companion animal response and consumption. AFB’s vision is driving discoveries to create a world of happier pets. AFB strives to achieve this vision by providing pet food solutions that enrich the relationship between pets and their people.
The scientific approach and advanced technology help customers maximize performance in an increasingly competitive market. They deliver superior products and services that contribute to the health and wellness of companion animals worldwide.
The company has offices and/or production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia, and China. The location in Europe is based in The Netherlands. In Oss, they have a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market.
AFB’s market position within the pet food palatant market is to provide superior service and support, leading in innovation, products and technology. Helping AFB achieve its market position and growth with European Accounts is a key responsibility of the Sales Director we are looking for.
Lead the company’s sales growth and customer relationship strategies
- Main responsibility is to strengthen AFB’s market position with European Accounts.
- Responsible for selling products and services to (key)customers by anticipating on their needs and building a long-term relationship with them.
- Lead the European sales & marketing department. Development and implementation of annual sales & marketing plan and account plans. Coach, appraise and develop employees.
- Lead the identification and development of opportunities with accounts. Development and implementation of annual customer strategy plans.
- Provide commercial direction to R&D and establish teamwork and communication between AFB and the customer.
- Lead marketing and communication. Provide information to the Management team by collecting, analyzing and summarizing market information, competitive intelligence and (emerging product) trends.
- Participate in strategic annual and long-term planning.
- Member of European Management Team and provide counsel / advice to the European General Manager.
Structured leader with strong customer focus and business sense
- BSc. or MSc. in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Food Technology, Food Business, International Agribusiness & Trade, Economics, Business Administration or related B2B industry complemented with training/courses in leadership and/or sales and/or marketing management. MBA is preferred.
- 10 or more years of progressive, professional level industry experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a management/leadership position and previous experience in the food/feed industry.
- Ability to read and analyse corporate finance and financial documents; understands business process. Strong knowledge of business, product, marketing and sales principles, and overall financial awareness.
- Experience with Supply Chain and Operations projects and activities is a plus.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is required and proficiency in other additional languages would be preferred.
- Desire for international and domestic travel, up to 30%.
- Strong commercial leadership skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- International scope, ability to work with different cultures.
- Analytical and strategic thinking and selling skills.
- Accurate and structured.
- Results orientated with ability to proactively address customer opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork building and people management skills (lead by example).
- Autonomous team player.
Place of employment
The company offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative "niche-player" with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Due to short lines decisions are taken quickly. Competitive remuneration package.
The recruitment for the Sales Director Europe has been exclusively outsourced to CeresRecruitment.
For further information, please contact Ajaan Hijmans at telephone number +31 (0)6 53 905 829.
You can send your application through our website www.ceresrecruitment.nl.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.afbinternational.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.
Vermeld bij uw sollicitatie "FoodHolland Vacaturebank nummer FH37887".
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.