Business Development Manager
Marel | hbo wo | Boxmeer, Nederland
About the job
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries, as well as further processing activities in other proteins. In partnership with our customers we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Our state-of-the-art equipment and systems help food processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity. Our team is comprised of approximately 6300 employees worldwide, offices and subsidiaries in 30 countries across six continents, and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors.
For our Further Processing organization, we are looking for a:
Business Development Manager - Alternative Proteins
About the job
As Business Development Manager Alternative Proteins, you are responsible for reaching the commercial targets agreed for a particular product group, namely Alternative Proteins within Further Processing (potato, petfood, cheese and other alternative proteins). You are responsible for determining the real customer needs and developing and selling Further Processing solutions within the group Alternative Proteins. You will report into the Global Sales Manager for Further Processing (FP).
Your main responsibilities are
- As a Marel Further Processing Business Development Manager, you are focused on the region Europe – ensuring the in depth knowledge application as well as quality of the solutions offered in Alternative Proteins.
- Coordinating the execution of the sales plan and developing sales strategies for the assigned area and product group. Responsible for identifying, implementing ‘operational sales plans’ annually, and achieving the objectives in terms of sales and margins.
- Establishing and implementing a structural market plan, in cooperation with the sales teams in Further Processing, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with (potential) customers.
- Follow the sales process by taking responsibility for projects from initial concept to hand-over to service.
- Provide market input to Sales, Service and Innovation teams, through visit reports and monthly market reports.
- Integrate into the regional teams with an overview perspective of the business challenges and build up the Further Processing knowledge in the regional teams.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree within a technical area (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant international work experience in a commercial position preferably in the food processing industry.
- Knowledge of account management, lead generation, relationship management and business development.
- First class consultative sales skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for assessing customer processes, customer needs and customer satisfaction.
- As a person, you are emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
- You speak, write and understand English and preferably one other language.
- Last but not least, you are international oriented and you are willing to travel circa 50% of your time within Europe.
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.