Sales Director Europe
Sime Darby Oils | hbo | Zwijndrecht
Sales Director Europe
40 uur | Zwijndrecht
Do you have passion for sales and leading sales teams? Do you have a track record in creating new business within commodity processing companies? Is motivating people one of your key strengths? Welcome to Sime Darby Oils…
Sime Darby Oils (SDO) is an international trader and processor of vegetable oils and fats for the food, animal feed and the technical industries in Europe, Africa and Asia. As part of Sime Darby Plantation, we have a global reputation for being a leader in our field and a history of innovation, leading sustainability credentials and a world class customer base. Sime Darby Plantation is the world’s largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil and our SDO portfolio in Europe includes all the major oils and fats types. Our European footprint includes refining and modification operations in Zwijndrecht, Netherlands and Liverpool, UK. The current sales activities and product range penetrate the entire European market place and the major food sectors including bakery, margarine, dairy, confectionary and frying.
Due to a reorganisation of our global team, we are now looking for a Sales Director Europe to join and lead our commercial team in this region.
The role will be based from our European head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands but will involve some international travel particularly within Europe.
What does your job as European Sales Director entail?
- Ensuring targets are met in terms of budget. Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Ensure the sales team reflects a professional corporate image at all times;
- As Head of the sales team, managing and setting directions for the entire team as well as coaching and mentoring members of the team;
- Developing and delivering the commercial sales plan to the organization;
- Creating added value for stakeholders and optimize business results;
- Devising and implementing the company’s sales strategy and monitoring effectiveness; Setting KPI's and motivation for the sales team. Overseeing performance management of sales staff. Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads;
- Accountable on a supervising level for all sales varying from new to existing to negotiating agreements for contracts with customers and ensuring commerciality;
- Chairing and preparing sales meetings, 1-1 meetings and team meetings. Reporting to the Board on Customer portfolio, tenders, Sales vs Budget etc.
To succeed in this role, we expect you to be able to demonstrate
- Proven sales professional within Commodity processing environment (ie selling products and capacity within a volatile pricing environment);
- Significant experience in leading a sales team;
- Proven strategic capabilities and entrepreneurship;
- Commodity supply chain optimisation experience;
- Being a skilled negotiator with major buying groups;
- Experience of Oils & fats industry is preferred but not necessary.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar role, for example, application specialist, account manager or business development manager, preferably within the food industry or process industry, as well as management experience will be required;
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken). Other languages would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated, results driven and with excellent communication and team skills. Analytical, entrepreneurial, customer focused, pro-active.
What does Sime Darby Oils have to offer you?
If you want to make an impact and like a challenge, you will enjoy what this role has to offer. It will provide variety and scope to grow your skills in a range of different areas. Despite being part of a global organization, active in 17 countries with more than 100,000 employees, the head office in Zwijndrecht has an informal and friendly atmosphere.
In addition to an attractive salary, depending on knowledge and experience, you shall benefit from excellent fringe benefits, such as 30 vacation days, a result-dependent bonus scheme. Naturally, this also includes all standard matters such as travel expenses and car allowance.
Do you like to know more about this opportunity? Apply directly via the application button.
Mention within your application "FoodHolland Vacaturebank number FH38235".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.