IP (Patent) Strategist
Cosun | wo | Dinteloord, Netherlands
IP (Patent) Strategist
Cosun is looking for an experienced IP (patent) strategist to guide the Cosun business groups (Aviko, Cosun Beet Company, SVZ, Sensus and Duynie) and our Innovation teams, in defining their Intellectual Property (IP) strategy as part of the Cosun innovation strategy.
In this position (0,5 FTE), you will join the Cosun Innovation team to contribute in defining Cosun's IP strategies and building the IP position of Cosun. As our new colleague you will actively engage with the Cosun businessgroups, to determine their opportunities and challenges and translate those into an integrated IP strategy. You will coordinate in a wide range of IP topics such as negotiations around IP in business deals, strategic decisions around innovation, mapping out competition- and business opportunities and acting as a true businesspartner to sales, market & application development and R&D. Will you join us in proactively creating value out of Cosun knowledge?
Using your knowledge and expertise, as our new IP (Patent) Strategist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Contribute to defining the Corporate IP Strategy and the various Business Group IP strategies;
- Assistance in defining part of the business strategies and the Innovation/R&D strategy from
an IP perspective;
- Establishing a strong IP support organization;
- Conducting strategic IP due diligence, including analyzing third-party patent portfolios to identify competitors and/or potential collaborators;
- Creating organizational awareness on how to handle, secure and protect IP Cosun wide, through training of our colleagues and defining and implementing guidelines and IP policies;
- Patent portfolio management and reporting out to business and management;
- Support in monitoring patent activities/portfolios of competitors and customers.
Furthermore you will assist Cosun and its business groups in their cooperation with external patent firms for invention identification, drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications, drafting of office action responses, freedom to operate studies and the drafting of various opinions on patentability and risks assessments including opinions for (in)validity and freedom to operate.
We are looking for a successful candidate that meets the following requirements:
- MSc or PhD in (Bio) Chemical Engineering, Process or Food Technology, Chemistry or Food Sciences;
- Registered Dutch Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant intellectual property experience, either in industry or in private practice;
- Strong communication and social skills, with the ability to communicate on all levels and across professions, as well expressing complex technical ideas in a clear and concise way and to structure precise, coherent arguments;
- Self-motivated and initiating(self-driven), for the purpose of developing the organisation and yourself;
- Team player who enjoys connecting people, thereby contributing to the overall worldwide success of our Cosun company;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch.
More information about the content of this position can be obtained from Marcel van der Vaart (business development manager - plant based proteins), telephone: 0165-516041 and Andre de Haan (principal technologist), telephone: 0165-584380. This position has an initial duration of 2 years, with the intention to turn it into a long term employment.
We are looking forward to receive our motivation letter and resume. You can send it to Richard Bakx (Cosun HR) via the application button at our www.werkenbijcosun.nl.
Mention within your application "FoodHolland Vacaturebank number FH39366".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.