Jellice / Nomilk2day B.V. | hbo wo | Emmen, the Netherlands
Jellice Pioneer Europe B.V. is located in Emmen and is the most modern gelatin factory in Europe. Designed according to the highest up to date standards, but also based on the tradition and technology of a well established company, experienced in the production of high quality gelatin and collagen since 1941.
Are you looking for a company and a job in a thriving business and do you have the ambition to help companies grow and also develop yourself as a professional? Stop searching and apply on this job as it all comes together at Jellice. We are looking for a director with a proven track record in the gelatin business.
What are you going to do?
As Operations Director you are responsible for the production in Emmen. It is your job to ensure that the production process runs as efficiently as possible, without losing sight of the high quality standards for gelatin. The use of correct capacity and resource planning, timely delivery, stock management and World Class Manufacturing is crucial. You directly manage the 3 functional managers and indirectly about 70 employees.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the production location of Emmen in the field of production, stock management and internal logistics (raw materials, processing) and develop and manage this by using KPIs
- Provide active day-to-day leadership and (if needed) hands-on
- Develop plans in alignment with business targets (i.e. the long-term production level of 10kMT), develop strategy and execute plans to achieve these goals and objectives
- You ensure continuous optimization of business processes and incoming and outgoing product flows
- You are responsible for the quality & quantity of the manufactured products
- You analyze process techniques and production methods to identify and improve bottlenecks
- You enhance the overall knowledge of gelatin production of all involved
- You ensure optimization of the operation with regard to safety, quality, quantity and efficiency (i.e. costs)
- You are budget responsible for production, quality and maintenance costs
- You are responsible for correct capacity and resource planning
- You manage the 3 functional managers (Production, Maintenance, QESH) and coach and motivate them and their employees (such as team leaders, group leaders technical service and laboratory technicians and the assistants / specialists), so in the end the team is molded into one cooperative body
Working at Jellice is much more than just a professional career. You can really develop yourself to the next level and grow as an individual. They offer a great package with employee benefits. If you choose to relocate to the Groningen Area they will offer full support.
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferable Food Technology or Food Science
- Fluent in English and preferable German
- Experience in the world of Gelatin is a must
- Experience as an Operations Director and managing teams and plants in a processing industry field
- Excellent communications skills and able to connect with different cultures and levels
- Great basic knowledge about food safety, Vapro D, chemical processes and food technology
- Good management skills
- Goal oriented
- Great analytical and strategic view on how to operate a plant the best way possible
- Great leadership skills, both on the human and business side
- Excellent in monitoring and documenting the ongoing processes and presenting them with you fellow management team coworker
Please contact Richard Bloemsma, Managing Partner at Nomilk2day Headhunters
Tel: +31 (0)629239066
Jellice has exclusively selected Nomilk2day as recruitment partner for this vacancy. Nomilk2day Headhunters connects organisations and professionals active in agribusiness, food and industry. Always driven by shared ambitions. For permanent and temporary positions in the 50-250k salary range. Our services focus on executive search, recruitment and interim management.
Mention within your application "FoodHolland Vacaturebank number FH39389".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.