Manager Quality Assurance
(who ensures high quality and food safety of new health ingredients)
NutriLeads B.V. / DUPP – Food Executive Search | hbo wo | Wageningen
NutriLeads (www.nutrileads.com) is an ambitious and dynamic health ingredients scale-up, with a team of 12 people, located on the campus of Wageningen University. The focus of the company is on identifying and developing crop-derived food ingredients with a clinically proven positive impact on human health. NutriLeads is partially funded by venture capital, has been very successful in attracting various grants and is working with numerous collaborators throughout Europe. Today its most advanced ingredient is BeniCaros, a proprietary carrot-derived fibre, which has clinically shown to support immune function and increase resistance to respiratory infections. Production has been successfully scaled from bench to large scale pilot plant production of multiple batches, used for clinical trials and for the ongoing Novel Foods and GRAS procedures. NutriLeads is working towards commercialisation of BeniCaros via major producers of functional foods and dietary supplements starting second half of 2021 in the US. Raw material sourcing and production of BeniCaros is outsourced to reputable supply partners, yet the entire supply chain from production to customer delivery is orchestrated by NutriLeads. In order to strengthen the organisation, we are searching for an entrepreneurial Manager Quality Assurance (who ensures high quality and food safety of new health ingredients).
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a quality management system to be certified according to IFS standards for the production and supply of high quality and food safe health ingredients
- Making sure that supply chain and production related business processes, procedures, workflows, monitoring and reporting are in place
- Arranging the auditing process (internal and external) and certification; facilitating customer audits at suppliers
- Managing and handling customer requirements, questionnaires, documentation, quality manuals, agreements and complaint handling
- Supporting the implementation, optimisation and validation of new and existing production processes
- Ensuring that all supply chain and operations activities meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Contributing to regulatory dossiers related to food such as GRAS (US) and Novel Foods (EU) in close cooperation with the Manager Scientific Communication & Regulatory Affairs
- Working and interacting across functional disciplines and with external experts
- Reporting directly to VP Supply Chain & Operations with dotted line to CEO
- Bachelor or Master degree, for example in Food Technology or an equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with all QA/QC issues at the interface between Production, Supply Chain and Sales in the agri/food industry
- Preferably familiar with B2B supply to food and pharma customers
- Profound knowledge about setting up, extending and professionalising quality management systems, implementing procedures and communicating these with customers and suppliers
- Broad knowledge and capable of switching easily from keeping overview to entering into details; from supervision to hands on troubleshooting
- Acting as natural liaison by connecting people from different disciplines and backgrounds to get the job done effectively
- Fits with the culture and dynamics of an entrepreneurial and innovative company, with a dedicated team and many challenges
- Personal skills: well organised, results driven, creative in problem solving, accurate, decision taker, can-do mentality and action oriented
If you are interested in this position, please contact Hans Hilbrands, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51025152 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
NutriLeads selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.
Mention within your application "FoodHolland Vacaturebank number FH39461".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.