Product Application Expert
DSM Food Specialties | hbo | Delft
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Food Specialties is a leading global supplier of food enzymes, cultures, taste and bio-preservation ingredients for many of the leading global and local dairy, baking, beverages and savory food brands. The business unit Savory Ingredients focuses on delivering great taste solutions to a wide range of customers, such as flavor houses, food producers and seasoning producers.
As part of the 2025 strategy, the growth areas for the Savory Business have been clearly defined. These growth areas will form the engine for strong and profitable growth and a lot of our energy and investment will be put behind these areas.
These growth areas need to be supported with first class application work to show the strength of DSMs solutions. A global application team in Delft is in place that drives the development of compelling applications in a broad range of savory products on a daily basis. To further strengthen our capabilities we are currently seeking a:
Product Application Expert
The responsibilities for this role are the following:
- Participate in application projects for new product development and new application concepts, in close collaboration with R&D and business development.
- Identify needs in the market together with business development and identify solutions. Initiate and drive projects developing new applications and/or new ingredient combinations for the market.
- Support the development of compelling Value Propositions, including competitor benchmarking
- Support Sales and regional technical sales managers in promoting and implementing new and existing products and applications with new and existing clients. Develop compelling demos and technical claims support.
- Manage, build and share the know-how in specific Savory application field(s) and act as the key application contact for internal (R&D / Sales / Business) and external connections (Customers/Partners).
- Keep overview of application trends in the market via regularly sales visits to customers and visiting events and trade shows
Required Skills and competencies
- BSc level education in Food technology, food science or food application
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a food or food ingredient company.
- Broad experience in and strong understanding of wide range of applications in the savory industry (e.g. soups, bouillons, snacks, meat, meat alternatives), either at a food producer or food ingredients company
- Application experience in the area of meat alternatives is a strong advantage
- Able to translate business development needs into application work
- Able to build relationships and clearly communicate technical propositions in a clear and compelling way in front of internal and external customers
- Willing to go the extra mile with high level of flexibility to deliver results
- Business mindset to understand what makes a commercially attractive application
We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an open and pleasant atmosphere with many opportunities for personal input, plenty of room for discussions with fellow professionals and personal development. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards. Salary depends on your education and experience and is based on the Collective Labor Agreement DSM Gist Services.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers) or apply directly by clicking here . For additional questions, please contact Cees van den Kommer, Recruitment Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mention within your application "FoodHolland Vacaturebank number FH39511".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.